At a launch event in China, Xiaomi has finally unveiled its first flagship smartphone of 2019, the Xiaomi Mi 9. The Xiaomi Mi9 is the successor to last year’s Mi 8 and comes loaded with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 855 SoC, in-display fingerprint scanner, 20W Wireless Charging, AI-based cameras, impressive design and more.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 features a 6.4-inch Full HD+(1080 × 2280 pixels) AMOLED 19:9 display with a waterdrop notch on top. The device has a screen-to-body ratio of 90.7% and the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Under the hood, it houses the cutting-edge 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor clocked at 2.84GHz, coupled with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. As for the software, it runs Android 9 Pie based MIUI 10 out-of-the-box.
All this is backed by a 3,300mAh battery that supports 27W Fast Charging and 20W wireless charging. For security, it comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor which is an optical fingerprint scanner. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, dual-frequency GPS, IR Blaster, and USB type-C.
For photography, the Xiaomi MI 9 comes with an impressive triple rear camera setup, which includes a primary 48 MP Sony IMX 586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture and 6P lens, a 16MP ultra wide-angle secondary sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 117-degree FOV, and a 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, and 2X Optical Zoom. While, on the front, there’s a single 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture, Portrait Mode and Face Recognition.
Xiaomi MI 9 Key Specs
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+ (2248x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855
- RAM: 6/8GB PDDR4x RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- O/S: Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- Rear camera: Triple 48MP (Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture+ 16MP (117-degree ultra-wide angle lens ) + 12MP ( telephoto lens, f/2.2 aperture)
- Front Camera: 20MP withf/2.0 aperture, 0.9-micron pixel size, AI Portrait Selfies, and AI Beautify.
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 27w fast charging and 20w wireless charging
- Xiaomi MI 9 Price in Nepal(6GB+128GB): Rs. 58,450/- expected
- Xiaomi MI 9 Price in Nepal(8GB+128GB): Rs. 62,500/-
Price and Availability
Coming to the pricing, the Xiaomi Mi 9 is priced at 2999 Yuan and 3299 Yuan for 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM variant respectively. If you’re interested, there is also a Transparent version of the Xiaomi Mi 9 that comes with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, which is priced at 3,999 Yuan. The smartphone is currently available in China in three color variants – Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, and Piano Black.