Black shark, a new company backed by Xiaomi has officially unveiled its much-awaited gaming smartphone in China. The Xiaomi Black Shark comes loaded with top-notch specs, few gaming-centric functions including Shark Key gaming mode and a unique liquid cooling system. The phone will be selling at a starting price of CNY 2,999 (approx Rs 49,900) and will go on sale in China from April 20.
The Xiaomi Black Shark comes with a metal unibody design and chamfered edges while being protected by a 2.5D curved glass on top. As for the display, it has a 5.99-inch Full HD+ OLED display with a 2160x1080p resolution and an 18:9 aspect ratio. Speaking of its specs, it is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor coupled with Adreno 630 GPU. It is also equipped with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it is backed up by a massive 4,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. The company says it will last up to 5 hours while playing heavy games. The phone also includes a unique liquid cooling system that aids to reduce the CPU temperature up to 8-degrees. On the software front, it runs on Joy UI based on Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. The fingerprint scanner is place at the front which can also be used as a home button.
In terms of connectivity, the phone supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Dual SIM, GPS/AGPS, and USB Type-C port.
As for the cameras, the Black Shark is packed with a dual rear camera setup including a 20MP primary sensor and a 12MP secondary sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25 µm pixel size and Dual-tone LED flash. At the front, there is a 20MP selfie shooter with f/2.2 aperture.
Also Read: Xiaomi Smartphones Price in Nepal
Along with the phone, the company also introduced a Bluetooth controller called the Shark GamePad that can be easily mounted to the handset. The gamepad includes 340mAh battery, analog stick and Bluetooth 4.0.
Xiaomi Black Shark Key Specs
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ OLED Panel (1920 x 1080 pixels), 18:9 display
- PU: 2.8 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6GB/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 20 MP with f/1.75 aperture, 6P lens, PDAF, Portrait Mode and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP with f/2.2 aperture and Smart Beauty Mode
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- O/S: Android 8.0 Oreo with Joy Ui
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi 2 x 2 MU MIMO, USB Type-C
- Colors: Polar Night, Sky Gray
- Battery: 4000mAh non-removable with Quick Charge 3.0
As far as pricing and availability go, the phone has been priced at CNY 2,999 for the 6GB/64GB variant while the higher 8GB/128GB variant costs CNY 3,499. It is offered in Polar Night and Sky Grey color options and is set to go on sale in China from April 20.