Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi has today launched a new selfie-centric smartphone known as the Redmi S2 in Nepal. The biggest highlight of the new Redmi S2 is its advanced AI-powered 16MP front-facing camera and dual-lens setup at the back. The Redmi S2 has been priced at Rs.25,499 and it is now available for pre-order on Daraz.
Talking about the specs of the Redmi S2, it has a 5.99-inch HD+ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 18:9. Underneath, the phone is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2GHz, paired with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of Internal storage that is further expandable up to 256GB via a mircoSD card. It is backed by a 3,080mAh non-removable battery and runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9 skin on top. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and also has Face Unlock support. In terms of Connectivity, it supports 4G VoLTE, Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0 port and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
As for the cameras, the Redmi S2 features a dual rear camera setup, consisting of a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor with EIS, PDAF and LED Flash. On the front, there’s a 16-megapixel AI-powered front camera with AI Portrait Mode, AI Smart Beauty Mode and an LED Flash.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Key Specs
- Display: 5.99-inch (1440x 720 pixels) HD+ IPS LCD display, 18:9 aspect ratio screen
- CPU: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 256GB)
- O/S: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP + 5MP with f/2.2, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 16MP with AI Portrait Mode and an LED Flash
- Battery: 3080mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0 port and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 Price in Nepal(4GB): Rs. 25,499/-