After numerous leaks and rumors, Huawei has just launched its latest Y series smartphone, the Huawei Y9 (2019) in China. As the name suggests, this smartphone is a successor to the Huawei Y9 (2018), which was launched back in March this year. The smartphone now comes loaded with the latest HiSilicon Kirin 710 processor and a 19:9 notch display up front. The company is yet to announce the pricing and availability details of the new phone – Huawei Y9 (2019).
Speaking of its specifications, this phone features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and bears a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. In the inside, it is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710 SoC coupled with either 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB with a microSD card. Under the hood, it is backed by a 4,000mAh non-removable battery and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMUI 8.2. The phone also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor that allows users to unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds. As for the connectivity features, it supports Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB O, G and Dual-Sim.
As far as cameras are concerned, the Huawei Y9 (2019) comes with a dual setup camera at the rear, combining a 13-megapixel primary sensor + 2-megapixel secondary sensor accompanied with AI photography technology and LED Flash. Other camera features include- AI scene recognition and 3D portrait lighting effects. On the front, there’s also a dual 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and AI face beauty.
Huawei Y9 2018 Key Specs
- Display: 6.5 inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display( 2340 x 1080 pixels)
- CPU: Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710 Processor
- GPU: Mali-G51
- RAM: 4/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB )
- OS: Android Nougat 8.1 with EMUI 8.2
- Rear Camera: Dual (13MP + 2MP) with LED flash
- Front Camera: Dual (16MP + 2MP) with selfie toning flash.
- Battery: 4000mAh with fast charging support.
- Huawei Y9 Price in Nepal: Rs.25,900 expected