Xiaomi has today finally taken the wraps off its latest flagship smartphone- the Mi Mix 2S at a launch event held in China. The new Mi Mix 2S is the successor to the last year’s popular smartphone Mi Mix 2. It comes flaunting an almost bezel-less display with sleek bezels on the side and a slim chin at the bottom which houses the front camera. As for the specs, the Mi Mix 2S comes with the flagship SoC Snapdragon 845, improved camera hardware, and wireless charging.
Starting off with design, the Mi Mix 2S looks very identical to the last year’s model. The phone comes with the same full ceramic body with curved edges on all four sides and an outer frame which is built from 7000 series aluminum. As for the specifications, it flaunts a stunning 5.99-inch Full HD+ display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 18:9. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC clocked at 2.8Ghz, coupled with8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. The phone is offered in three different variants, i.e. 6GB RAM with 64GB, 6GB RAM with 128GB, and 8GB RAM with 256GB. Under the hood, it is backed up by a 3,400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and Qi wireless charging. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9.5 interface running on top.
As for the security, the phone comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock feature as well. Just like the Mi Mix 2, the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S also lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack. Connectivity option includes 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC, USB-C and Dual-SIM support.
On the camera front, the Mi Mix 2S packs a dual (12MP+12MP) camera setup at the back in vertical position. The phone uses a 12MP Sony IMX363 primary sensors with 1.4ɥm pixel size, 4-axis OIS and f.1.8 aperture and a secondary 12MP sensor with 1ɥm pixel size and f/2.4 aperture. The camera also packs some impressive features including Dual Pixel Technology, AI Portrait Mode, AI Scene Detection and Dynamic Bokeh effects. While, on the other hand, the front camera has a 5-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and Selfie Portrait.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Key Specs
- Display: 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels)18:9 display, 2.5D Curved Glass
- CPU: 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 (non-expandable)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, Sony IMX363 sensor, four-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Optical zoom + a secondary 12MP camera with 46mm telephoto lens and f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera with AI portraits
- O/S: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9
- Battery: 3400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 and Qi wireless charging
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Price in Nepal (6GBRAM+64GB): Rs.54,500
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Price in Nepal (6GBRAM+128GB): Rs.59,440
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Price in Nepal (8GBRAM+256GB): Rs.66,000
Pricing and Availability
As for the pricing, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is priced at 3299 Yuan (roughly Rs. 54,500) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant, 3599 Yuan (roughly Rs.59,440) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant, while the higher 8GB RAM with 256GB storage variant costs 3999 Yuan (roughly Rs.66,000). The Mi Mix 2S will be available in two colors – Black and White and it will be available from 3rd April 2018. As of now, there’s no official information about its availability in Nepal. So, stay tuned with us for more updates on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.