After much anticipation, Xiaomi has finally unveiled its latest budget smartphone, the Mi 6X at an event in China. The Mi 6X aka the Mi A2 is the successor to the last year’s Mi 5X which was introduced in the international market as Mi A1. Design wise, the Mi A2 looks very similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro with a metal unibody design and a vertical dual rear camera setup.
Speaking of its specifications, the Mi 6X has a 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display which offers a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels along with 18:9 aspect ratio. Underneath, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC powers the device paired with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of inbuilt storage. The phone does support memory expansion via a microSD up to 256GB. It is offered in three configurations; 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. The Mi 6X runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9 and is backed by a 3,010mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. The phone includes a face recognition feature, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and dual speakers at the bottom.
As for the cameras, the phone comes with a dual rear camera setup with 12-megapixel primary Sony IMX486 sensor with f/1.75 aperture and a 20-megapixel secondary Sony IMX376 sensor with the f/1.75 aperture and 1-micron pixel size. The rear camera is aided by PDAF and dual-tone LED flash. At the front, there’s a 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture and Soft-LED flash. Other features of the phone include AI Background Bokeh, AI Smart Beauty 4.0 and AI currency conversion.
Xiaomi Mi 6X / Mi A2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99 inch Full-HD+ IPS LCD display( 1080 x 2280 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: 2.2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 660
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9.5
- Rear Camera: Dual Sony IMX 486 12 MP ( with f/1.8 and 1.25µm pixels) + Sony IMX 376 20 MP (with f/1.8 and 1.0µm), LED Flash.
- Front Camera: Sony IMX576 20MP with f/1.8 aperture and Soft-LED Flash
- Battery: 3010mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal (4GB+64GB): Rs. 26,900 expected
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal (6GB+64GB) : Rs. 30,300 expected
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal (6GB+128GB) : Rs. 33,600 expected
Pricing and Availability
Coming to the pricing, the Mi 6X is priced at CNY 1,599(roughly Rs. 26,900) for 4GB RAM and 64GB storage option, the 6GB+64GB storage variant is priced at CNY 1,799 (roughly Rs. 30,300), while the higher 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage variant costs CNY 1,999(roughly Rs. 33,600). It will go on sale in China starting April 27th. As of now, there’s no word about an international launch.