Alongside the flagship Mi 9, Xiaomi also announced its new premium midrange smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE in China. The Xiaomi Mi9 SE Is the successor to last year’s Mi 8 SE and is the first phone to launch with Snapdragon 712 processor and has a triple rear camera setup. The price starts at 1,999 Yuan or around $300, which is pretty impressive considering the specs and build quality.
The Xiami MI 9 SE features a 5.97-inch FHD+ display, which is a 19.5:9 AMOLED display that offers a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.47%. The display houses a waterdrop notch on the top and is protected by Gorilla glass 5. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 712 SoC, paired with Adreno 616 GPU. The smartphone will be available in 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB onboard storage. On the software front, it runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie with Miui 10 skin running on top. Apart from that, the smartphone also features an in-display fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor.
Backing up the device is a 3070mAh battery with 18W fast charging but no wireless charging. As for the connectivity features, it supports dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C port.
In terms of camera department, the Mi 9 SE has a triple camera setup on the rear, which includes a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture + 8-megapixel telephoto lens + 13-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens along with an LED flash. For selfies, it comes with a single 20-megapixel camera sensor.
Xiaomi MI 9 SE Key Specifications
- Display: 5.97-inch Full HD+ (2280x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display, 19:5:9 aspect ratio screen
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 712
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64/128GB
- O/S: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Rear camera: Triple 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor + 8MP telephoto lens + 13MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/1.75 and f/2.4 and LED Flash
- Front Camera: 20MP withf/2.0 aperture, 0.9-micron pixel size
- Battery: 3070mAh battery
- Xiaomi MI 9 SE Price in Nepal(6GB+64GB): Rs. 38,000/- expected
- Xiaomi MI 9 SE Price in Nepal(6GB+128GB): Rs. 42,400/- expected
Coming to the pricing, the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE is priced at 1999 Yuan for the 6GB+64GB variant while the higher 6GB+128GB variant is priced at 2299 Yuan.