Chinese smartphone maker, Xiaomi has finally launched its new flagship smartphone of 2018, the Xiaomi MI 8 at an event held in Shenzen, China. The Xiaomi MI 8 is a high-end flagship phone that comes with premium specifications and features including the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC and the company’s own Infrared Face Unlock. It is also the first smartphone from Xiaomi to come with the controversial notch design language. The handset has 2,699 Yuan ($421) starting price and will go on sale in China on June 5.
Coming to the design, the Xiaomi MI 8 features a similar design language to the Mi Mix 2S. It also flaunts a trendy notch display design up front. The phone has a 6.21 inch Full HD+ AMOLED display that offers 2248 x 1080p resolution and an 18:7:9 aspect ratio. As for the performance, the phone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, mated to 6GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB storage. Under the hood, it is backed by a 3,400mAh battery that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+. As for the software, it runs Android Oreo-based AI-powered OS MIUI 10.
The phone includes a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor but lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack. In terms of connectivity, it supports 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi (dual-band, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, and A-GPS.
For photography, the Xiaomi MI 8 comes with an impressive dual rear camera setup, which includes a primary 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4-micron pixel, 4-axis OIS, Optical Zoom and a secondary 12MP Samsung S5K3M3 sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0-micron pixel, and 2X Optical Zoom.
At the front, it comes with a 20-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.8-micron pixel size, 3D portrait lighting, AI Portrait Selfies and AI Beautify. It can also be used for Face Unlock.
Xiaomi MI 8 Key Specs
- Display: 6.21 inch Full HD+ (2248x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio screen
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 845
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64/128/256GB
- O/S: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP + 12MP with f/1.8 and f/2.4,1.4 micron pixel, 4-axis OIS.
- Front Camera: 20MP withf/2.0 aperture, 1.8-micron pixel size, AI Portrait Selfies and AI Beautify.
- Battery: 3400mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi (dual-band, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, and A-GPS.
- Xiaomi MI 8 Price in Nepal(6GB+64GB): Rs. 45,450/-
- Xiaomi MI 8 Price in Nepal(6GB+128GB): Rs. 50,500/-
- Xiaomi MI 8 Price in Nepal(6GB+256GB): Rs. 55,500/-
The flagship Xiaomi MI 8 is offered in three RAM/Storage variants – 6GB RAM+ 64GB storage variant is priced at Yuan 2699(roughly Rs 45,450), the 6GB RAM/128GB storage variant coming at Yuan 2999 (roughly Rs 50,500), while the 6GB RAM +256GB storage is priced at Yuan 3299 (roughly Rs 55,500). It will come in 4 color variants, namely White, Gold, Black and Light Blue color.