Huawei has introduced a new budget smartphone under its Nova series, the Huawei Nova 2 Lite on March 14 in the Philippines. The smartphone comes with an all-glass body construction and sports a nearly bezel-less display. The key highlight of the Nova 2 lite is its dual-camera setup at the back which is not usually offered at this price point.
As for the specification, the Nova 2 Lite bears a 5.99-inch HD+ IPS display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels along with aspect ratio of 18:9. It is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card. The phone houses a 3000mAh battery. As for the software, it runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 running on top of it. The fingerprint sensor is placed on the back panel and it also features face unlock. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC and micro USB port.
Coming to the camera, it packs a dual rear camera setup which combines 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture for capturing selfies and video-calling.
Huawei Nova 2 Lite Specs
- Display: 5.99 inch HD+ display( 1440 x 720 pixels)
- CPU: 1.4Ghz Octa-core Snapdragon 430 Processor
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB )
- Rear Camera: Dual (13MP + 2MP) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh non-removable battery.
- OS: Android Nougat 8.0 with EMUI 8.0
- Huawei Nova 2 Lite Price in Nepal (expected): Rs.19,000
The Huawei Nova 2 Lite is being offered in 3 colors – Matte Black, Blue, and Gold and is priced at P9,990 (appox.Rs.19,990) in the Philippines and will be available to purchase from March 23rd. As of now, there is no word on the global availability of the phone.