Huawei sub-brand Honor recently announced its new budget smartphone, the Honor 7A in China. The smartphone is the successor to the last year’s Honor 6A. It is an entry-level smartphone that comes with a good processor, 18:9 display and dual rear cameras. The handset is offered in Black, Platinum Gold, and Aurora Blue colour options and will go on sale in China starting April 3rd.
The Honor 7A features a 5.7-inch HD+ IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720×1440 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it is powered by 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC aided by 2GB/3GB and 32GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. It houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery and runs EMUI 8.0 on top of Android 8.0 Oreo. In terms of connectivity features, it offers Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.2, GPS, Micro-USB, GLONASS and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
As far as cameras are concerned, the 2GB variant features a single 13-megapixel rear camera while the 3GB variant is packed with a dual camera setup at the rear with a 13-megapixel and a 2-megapixel sensor. On the front, both the variants come with an 8-megapixel sensor with soft selfie light and f/2.0 aperture. The front camera also supports Face Unlock and Full HD video recording.
Honor 7A Key Specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ IPS LCD display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD)
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP+2MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP with soft selfie light and f/2.0 aperture
- O/S: Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Honor 7A Price in Nepal (2GB): Rs.14,500(expected)
- Honor 7A Price in Nepal (3GB): Rs.17,500(expected)
As for the pricing, the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage variant is priced at CNY 799 (roughly Rs. 13,300) while, the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant is priced at CNY 999 (roughly Rs. 16,450). There’s no word from the company regarding global launch of the phone.