Google has finally announced the much-anticipated smartphones of 2018– Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL at the event held in New York. The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL succeeds the last year’s Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL respectively to become the latest flagship offering from the company. Both the Pixel 3 phones now have larger displays and more screen-to-body ratios, all thanks to trimmed down bezels and that weird notch on top of the Pixel 3 XL.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
First off, talking about the display, the Pixel 3 features a 5.5-inch Full-HD+ OLED display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels, while the Pixel 3 XL comes with a larger 6.3-inch QHD+ OLED display with a screen resolution of 2960 x 1080 pixels and 523 PPI pixel density. Under the hood, both the smartphone comes loaded with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with Adreno 630 GPU, 4GB of RAM and either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. As for the software, both are running on Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
The Pixel 3 smartphones now feature dual front-firing speakers which offer 40% louder sound than the 2017 models. The smaller Pixel 3 has a 2,915mAh battery, whereas the bigger 3 XL has a fine 3,430mAh battery with support for 18W Fast Charging and Qi Wireless Charging. The smartphones are also certified with an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
As far as cameras are concerned, both the pixel 3 phones packs a single Sony IMX 12-megapixel rear camera accompanied with 1.4 μm pixels, dual-pixel AF + Phase Detection, Optical + Electronic Image Stabilization, Spectral + Flicker sensor, f/1.8 aperture and a 76-degree Field of View. But at the front, there’s a dual camera system with a wide-angle and a telephoto lens. The front camera includes a primary 8MP wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and a secondary 8MP Telephoto lens with f/1.8 aperture. The new camera features include Top Shot, Photobooth, Night Sight, and Super Res Zoom.
As for the pricing, the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL is priced at $799 and $899 respectively in the US.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Key Specs
- Pixel 3 – 5.5-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2160 pixels) OLED 18:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Pixel 3 XL – 6.3-inch Quad HD+(2880 x 1440 pixels) OLED 19:9 display, 523 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 4GB DDR4X
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/1.8 aperture, 75° FOV + 8MP with f/2.2 aperture, 97° FOV
- O/S: Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: Pixel 3 – 2915 mAh / Pixel 3 XL – 3430mAh battery with 18W fast charging, Qi wireless charging
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), dual 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, OTG, FM, Radio, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Colors: Just Black, Clearly White and Not Pink