After loads of leaks and rumors, Samsung has finally taken the wraps off its latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note 9 at the Unpacked event held in New York City. The successor to the last year’s Galaxy Note 8 comes loaded with top-notch specifications, bigger battery, and a solid design. Now, let’s take a closer look at what the new Galaxy phone has to offer.
Talking about the display, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with a huge 6.4-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440×2960 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:5:9. The display on Galaxy Note 9 is by far one of the best displays out there. Under the hood, the phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 64-bit octa-core processor clocked at 2.7GHz along with Adreno 630 GPU. The phone is offered in two configurations- 6GB RAM paired with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM paired with 512GB storage. As for the software, it runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box withGrace UIon top. One of the key highlights of the phone is the massive 4,000mAh battery, which also supports Adaptive Fast Charge and Fast Wireless Charging.
The fingerprint sensor can be found at the back of the phone. The phone is certified with the IP68 rating, making it resistant to water and dust. In terms of connectivity, the phone offers e Gigabit LTE (Cat. 18), dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The Galaxy Note 9 will be available in multiple color options- Coral Blue, Lilac Purple, Midnight Black, and Lavender Copper.
On the camera front, the Galaxy Note 9 features a dual camera at the back, which includes a primary SuperSpeed Dual Pixel 12MP sensor with a variable aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4), OIS and LED Flash and a secondary 12MP telephoto lens with 2X optical ZOOM, f/2.4 aperture, and Optical Image Stabilization. At the front, it sports a single 8MP sensor with a wide-angle lens, Autofocus, portrait mode and a f/1.7 aperture. The camera also offers the new AI-powered Scene Recognition feature.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Key Specs
- Display: 6.4-inch QHD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 516ppi and 18:5:9 aspect ratio screen
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with
- Internal Storage: 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1) (Expandable up to 512GB with microSD)
- Rear Camera: SuperSpeed Dual Pixel 12MP sensor with a variable aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4), OIS and LED Flash and a secondary 12MP telephoto lens with 2X optical ZOOM, f/2.4 aperture, and Optical Image Stabilization
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor with a wide-angle lens, Autofocus, portrait mode and a f/1.7 aperture.
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Grace UI
- Battery: 4000mAh with quick charging 2.0 on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price in Nepal(6GB/128GB): Rs. 1,15,000
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price in Nepal(8GB/512GB): Rs.1,40,000
Price and Availability
As for the pricing, the Galaxy Note 9 has been priced at USD 999 for 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant and USD 1250 for 8GB RAM/ 512GB storage variant. The phone will be available for pre-orders on August 10th and the shipping will start on August 24th. As for now, the pricing and release date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in Nepal is not assured yet.