HMD Global on Wednesday announced its latest Android One smartphone dubbed as Nokia 8.1. It is known as a global variant of the mid-range Nokia X7 smartphone that was introduced in China back in October. The Nokia 8.1 was officially unveiled at a launch event held in Dubai and it is priced at EUR 399 (roughly Rs. 38,000).
The Nokia 8.1 has a rock-solid Aluminum unibody design and sports a 2.5D curved glass on the front. It has a 6.18-inch Full HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 2246 × 1080 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it is fueled by 10nm Snapdragon 710 processor coupled with Adreno 616 GPU. The device has 6GB of LPPDDR4x RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 400GB. On the software front, it runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie. The phone is backed by a 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging. It supports connectivity options like Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
As for the cameras, it features a dual camera
Nokia 8.1 Key Specs
- Display: 6.18 inch Full HD+ PureDisplay( 2280 x 1080 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 18:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa-core Snapdragon 710 Processor
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 4Gb/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 400GB )
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Rear Camera:
12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, ZEISS optic.
- Front Camera: 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3060mAh
- Nokia 8.1 Price in Nepal (6GB/64GB): Rs 45,500 expected