As expected, Xiaomi has officially launched the new Redmi 6 Pro smartphone at an event held in China. The Redmi 6 Pro is an impressive budget-friendly phone from Xiaomi that comes loaded with Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display, dual rear cameras, and a Snapdragon 625 processor. It is also the first phone from Redmi series to come with a notch at the front.
The smartphone has been launched at a starting price of CNY 999 ( roughly Rs.16,550) for the base 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant.
As for the specifications, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro features a 5.84-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and 432ppi pixel density. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0GHz, clubbed with Adreno 506 GPU. The phone is offered in multiple variants – 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage. It does support memory expansion via microSD card up to 256GB.
Under the hood, it is equipped with a massive 4,000mAh battery that supports 5V/2A charging input. As for the software, it runs on Android Oreo-based MIUI 9. The phone features a circular fingerprint sensor on the rear and also supports AI-powered face unlock feature. In terms of connectivity, it offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, IR Blaster, 3.5mm audio jack, and a MicroUSB port.
Talking about the camera, the Redmi 6 Pro is packed with a Dual 12MP + 5MP AI cameras at the back. The dual camera setup is accompanied by EIS, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and an LED Flash. The rear camera can also capture 120fps slow-motion videos at 720p. On the front, there’s a 5MP selfie camera with AI smart beauty mode and AI Portrait mode.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Key Specs
- Display: 5.84-inch FHD+ IPS LCD (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 Display and 432PPI
- CPU: 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64GB Storage (Expandable Up To 256GB Via MicroSD Card)
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP+5MP With EIS, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and an LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5MP with AI smart beauty mode and AI Portrait mode.
- OS: Android Oreo With MIUI 9
- Battery: 4000mAh Battery
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Price in Nepal (3GB RAM+32GB) – Rs.16,550
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Price in Nepal (4GB RAM+32GB) – Rs.19,550
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Price in Nepal (4GB RAM+64GB) – Rs.21,500
Pricing and Availability
Coming to the pricing, the Redmi 6 Pro is priced at CNY 999 for 3GB + 32 GB variant, CNY 1,199 for 4GB + 32 GB variant, while the higher 4GB + 64 GB variant will be available for CNY 1,299. The phone will go on sale starting 26th June in China. There’s no information on the global launch yet.