Sony has taken the wraps off its two new mid-range series smartphones at the CES 2018 in Las Vegas. The Sony Xperia XA2 and Xperia XA2 Ultra are the successors to a year’s ago XA1 and XA1 Ultra. The top and bottom bezels have been reduced compared to its predecessors, while the fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back. The XA2 models have a slight improvement in both hardware and camera performance.The Sony Xperia XA2 devices will be available for purchase in February.
Sony Xperia XA2
Talking about the specs, the Sony Xperia XA2 brings a 5.5-inch FHD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and the display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. Inside, it runs on octa-core Snapdragon 630 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz coupled with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 508 GPU. There is a 32GBGB of internal storage that can be further expanded up to 256GB via a MicroSD card. The phone packs a 3,300mAh non-removable battery and runs on the latest Android 8.0 oreo out of the box.
As for the cameras, it sports a 23MP Exmor RS rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Hybrid Auto-Focus, and 84-degree wide-angle lens. There’s also an 8MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture and 120-degree wide-angle lens.
Sony Xperia XA2 Key Specs:
- Display: 5.2-inch LCD Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels)Display
- CPU: 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 Processor
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal storage: 32GB( expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 23MP Exmor RS camera with f/2.0 aperture,84-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 8MP camera with 120-degree lens
- O/S: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Battery: 3,300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
The Xperia XA2 Ultra looks similar to the Xperia XA2 but comes with a larger 6-inch Full HD display. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor alongside Adreno 508 GPU and 4GB RAM. It offers two storage variants; 32GB and 64GB storage. The XA2 Ultra is equipped with a bigger 3,580mAh battery and runs on the Android 8.0 Oreo and
Coming to the camera, the XA2 Ultra comes with a 23MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0. For selfies, it has a dual front camera which features a combination of 16MP Primary sensor and secondary 8MP wide-angle sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS) and LED Flash support.
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Key Specs:
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD LCD Display
- CPU: Octa-Core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 630 Processor
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32/64GB storage ( expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 23MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: Dual 16MP primary with OIS and 8MP wide-angle camera with 120-degree lens
- O/S: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Battery: 3,580mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Sony Xperia XA2 and Xperia XA2 Ultra will go on sale starting from February. There’s no official word on the pricing yet.