After several leaks, Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has finally unveiled its latest flagship phone, the Honor V20 in China. The flagship Honor V20 packs a Kirin 980 processor, GPU Turbo 2.0 Technology and an incredible 48MP rear camera paired with a 3D ToF sensor for capturing 3D objects. The V20 also comes with the new in-display camera sensor which matches the design seen on Samsung Galaxy A8s and the Huawei Nova 4.
Coming to the front, the Honor V20 has a 6.4-inch Full-HD+ LCD display with a screen resolution of 2310X1080 pixels, 91.82% screen-to-body ratio and an aspect ratio of 19:9. Also, the display is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood, there is an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset based on the 7nm process which is paired with 6/8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128/256GB internal storage.
As for the software, it runs on Android Pie out of the box with Magic UI 2.0.1 on top. All these are backed by a 4,000mAh battery that supports Fast Charging (4.5V/5A). It also includes a 22.5W Huawei SuperCharge power adapter. In terms of connectivity, the device supports Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C.
For photography, the V20 comes with a dual camera setup on the back, consisting of a 48-megapixel Sony IMX 586 primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture and a 3D ToF (Time of Flight) sensor which aids in creating and capturing 3D images or objects. At the front, there’s also a high-res 25MP selfie snapper.
Honor V20 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch (1080 x 2310 pixels) FHD+ LCD IPS display, pixel density of 398PPI
- CPU: HUAWEI Kirin 980 Octa-Core processor
- GPU: 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Internal Storage:128GB storage / 256GB storage
- Rear Camera: 48MP rear with f/1.8 aperture, EIS, TOF 3D secondary camera
- Front Camera: 25MP with f/2.0 aperture
- O/S: Android 9.0 Pie with Magic UI 2.0
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 22.5W (4.5V-5A) fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C
- Honor V20 Price in Nepal (6GB/128GB): Rs. 52,000
- Honor V20 Price in Nepal (8GB/128GB): Rs. 60,000
The Honor V20 will be available in three color options – Black, Blue, and Red. The 6GB/ 128GB storage variant is priced at 2,999 Yuan (NPR 48,990) while the 8GB RAM variant paired with 128GB storage costs 3,499 Yuan (NPR 57,150). There is also a special Moschino version with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, which is priced at 3,999 Yuan (NPR 65,000). The phone will be up for sale from January 22nd.